• (1 ) 35-minute video - Provides an instructional blend of explanation, commentary and demonstration. Presented in a dynamic,contemporary style to keep trainees engaged.Includes additional 40 minutes of extra video segments.
• (1) Trainer’s Guide - Covers the requirements of forklift safety training and helps develop, organize and deliver effective training sessions. Includes an introduction to the topic and OSHA training requirements, recommendations for using components and options, good training principles and ideas, and guidelines for conducting initial and refresher training.
• (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately) - Contains the workshop elements in electronic form so you can download, print out, use as-is, customize with company-specific info, copy into PowerPoint® presentations or whatever your needs dictate.
The Workshop includes ...
◦ Checklists for identifying hazards and incorporating workplace and forklift-specific information into training
◦ Exercises for the classroom (e.g., problem solving exercises)
◦ Exercises for the workplace (e.g., learning activities for forklift controls, maneuvers and battery charging)
◦ Obstacle courses (7 courses that feature a variety of practical challenges)
◦ Quizzes and answer keys (70 quiz questions)
• (11) Operator’s Handbook - This 36-page reference reinforces training. It follows the information in the DVD video and provides operators with an easy-to-use, post-training resource.
• (1) Wallet Card Sheet - (perforated to provide 10 cards) — Distribute to operators to keep as proof of their training.
• (1) Forklift Safety Poster - A full-color, photo-based reminder of forklift safety to hang in a high-traffic area at your company.
• (1) Forklift Operator Evaluation Form - A practical way to assess your forklift operators' skill level.
• (1) Forklift Operator Daily Checklist - Easy-to-use form for operators to document any parts in need of repair.
• (1) Certificate of Training - Classroom - Recognize operators' successful completion of classroom training.
• (1) Certificate of Training - Operational - Recognize operators' successful completion of hands-on training.
DVD Main Menu
• Play Program - Plays entire main program (running time: 35 minutes)
• Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
◦ Forklift Basics - Types of forklifts; rear steering; turning radius; forklift capacity and nameplate information; load center; combined center of gravity and the stability triangle; controls
◦ Inspecting Your Forklift - Pre-operation inspection; operational inspection
◦ Picking up a Load - Mounting and dismounting; seatbelt use and tipovers; know your load (weight, dimensions, shape); steps for picking up a load
◦ Traveling with a Load - Keeping the load/forks low when traveling; visibility; speed limits; floor hazards; driving on ramps and inclines with/without a load; staying safe around the edges of ramps and inclines; railroad tracks; traveling with other forklifts; stunt driving and horseplay; dealing with pedestrians and co-workers
◦ Placing a Load - Looking for hazards/clearances; steps to placing a load
◦ Parking a Forklift - Leaving a forklift “attended” and “unattended”
◦ Working in a Truck, Trailer or Railcar - Inspections; using dock plates; securing the truck or trailer; carbon monoxide and hazardous emissions
◦ Charging and Refueling - PPE; electric forklifts; LPG; gas and diesel
◦ Maintenance and Modifications - Regular inspections; routine checks and preventative maintenance; what operators need to know about forklift modifications
• Bonus materials - Total running time: approximately 40 minutes
◦ Specialized Units and Attachments (running time: 5 minutes)
Introduces safety information on standup rider trucks (counter balanced rider units, narrow aisle units, pallet trucks or platform pallet trucks); high-lift order pickers; powered hand trucks (pallet jacks, hand trucks); and being aware of how attachments affect your forklift.
◦ Frequently Asked Questions (running time: 8 minutes)
◦ What's Wrong With This Picture (running time: 6 minutes)
◦ Quiz (running time: 10 minutes)
◦ Note To Trainer (running time: 5 minutes)
◦ Previews (running time: 6 minutes)
•Helps you fulfill the classroom and practical training requirements of OSHA 1910.178(l)
•Takes a new, innovative approach to training forklift operators — new and veteran — on proper forklift safety procedures
•Workshop format reinforces learning using hands-on practice tools, exercises and learning activities
•Covers the following topics:
◦Forklift basics (types, rear steering, turning radius, combined center of gravity and the stability triangle, load center and controls)
◦Inspecting your forklift
◦Picking, traveling with, and placing a load
◦Parking a forklift
◦Working in a truck, trailer or railcar
◦Charging and refueling
◦Maintenance and modification
◦Specialized units and attachments
◦Hazardous locations and forklift types
•Ready-to-use training program includes several components
•Available in English and Spanish
•Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired